Tuesday, March 25, 2014

CT scan results

The results are in. . .

The green line is measuring the tumor. You can see my stomach at the top right just below my heart.

So the news is this - the mass is much smaller. Here are the measurements:

2/10 - 15.3x12.3x19.3 cm
3/24 - 14.6x10.5x7.6 cm

Basically a lot of the hematoma has reabsorbed and now we have the tumor leftover. The oncologist feels like we are moving in the right direction and is pleased with the results. In actuality I haven't really been on the chemo medicine for very long so they weren't expecting drastic reduction in this short amount of time. I will have another scan in two months. 

The doctor gave me permission to resume normal life without a chaperone. She sees a thickening of the tumor wall and feels like I'm out of danger for rupture. She did say today, "we're not within one cell of rupture anymore". Uh, ok. I knew it was a scary situation, but ONE CELL. Six weeks ago those doctors were freaked out and did a good job of scaring us too.

A massive THANK YOU! to everyone for visiting and caretaking and praying and every other possible thing. I can't thank you enough. 

FREEDOM is mine. I'm going to go drive my car now. 

10 comments:

  1. So SO SO SO happy to hear this!!!! Love you much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for good results! Enjoy driving around! Glad you are in good hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halleluiah!!! So good to hear that the medicine and prays and everything else are working. Enjoy your return to freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great news, Jenny! And it's no wonder you can eat now; you can actually see your stomach in this CT because the tumor isn't squishing it out of the way so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy! I wish I could do more to help you, but it sounds like you're in good hands. I'm sure you are incredibly happy to be able to drive, on your own, again. FREEDOM is right! WHOOP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO happy right now! Totally crying at the great news. Praying that it continues to shrink. Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you and your family. Will still be sending prayers your way. Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's amazing! I'm so happy for you. I'm sad that I didn't get t to come, but I'll be happy to visit when you are much better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news my friend. So glad things are looking up. Continued prayers for complete healing. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is good to hear the good news. My hope for you is that everything keeps going in the right direction. I pray that you have a speedy recovery and everything gets back to normal. I will keep you in my prayers. love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete