Friday, February 28, 2014

no news

I suppose no news is good news. This week has been kind of rough, despite having good numbers from my blood draw on Tuesday. Most days I couldn't get out of bed because of pain or lack of energy. I can't eat much without feeling awful and the arrival of my chemo meds (via mail order, an insurance requirement) is delayed again. They were supposed to be here yesterday, but now they are saying tomorrow. That means I will miss a day and no one is happy about that. My doctor wanted me to come get a single dose that would cost me $287 because insurance won't pay for me to get it from a local pharmacy. It's all kind of unbelievable. Let that sink in - $287/dose.

Mom left this morning and Ginger arrives next. I can't be left alone which is tough for a girl who likes to be on my own. Stephanie bought walkie-talkies for the house so she can check on me without hovering. I did wake in the middle of the night to my mother standing over the top of me a few times. Not. scary. at. all.




Lots of drugs are happening right now - anti-nausea, pain, chemo, anxiety. 

This crap is really messing up my life. I had plans for things and plans for nothings and now I can't be alone. Or drive. Or eat.

I look amazing though. I've dropped 20 pounds. Thanks, cancer.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, the fact that you are still waiting on your mail order Rx is ridiculous.

    Love the walkie talkies. You have such great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear your voice saying these words and I'll admit it... I giggled. Sure am hoping you've got meds by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope you get the mail order situation figured out. Loved the comment about your mom hovering over you. Reminds me that no matter how old you get, you're still your mom's baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenny! I admit I smiled, in a creeped-out kind of way, about your mom hovering over you in your sleep. Just shows that your mama loves ya. Like we all do. I hope you got to watch the Oscars. And that you can get all the meds sorted out soon. I think about you every day. Sending hugs from Colorado!

    ReplyDelete